What do employees want? They want:
- Leaders to communication clear expectations
- To be heard by supervisors who care about them
- To know how their work contributes to a larger purpose or mission
- Opportunities to grow
- Personal connections with their work colleagues
- To be recognized and appreciated
- Autonomy to perform in their strength areas
- Reasonable workload and stress level
- A fair and challenging workplace
What should leaders do? Be authentic. Engage with their employees. Talk with them about their needs and aspirations. Ask for their input and act upon it.
Want to work on these things? I previously served as the FBI's chief of employee communications and engagement and Homeland Security TSA's Division Director for communications and engagement. Learn more about my background here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelseelman/
I would be honored to work with you!
Michael F. Seelman
Principal Coach & Consultant